1) VT lost the turnover battle 14 to 11.Â This is the 4th straight game VT has committed more turnovers than their opponent.Â In the Hokies first 15 games, they won or tied the turnover battle EVERY game.Â Getting sloppier with the ball?Â This is in part due to the better competition, but VT dominated against unc and duke in this area.
2) VT shot 60% from the field and 76% from the line, well above their season averages of 48% and 66% respectively.
3) VT had 19 assists on 25 made shots!Â That’s an incredible ratio and had a lot to do with the Hokies getting in the paint and finding the open man, something they weren’t doing a month ago.Â The big men are finding holes and Z and Jamon are using their quickness.
4) The Hokies have had a player record a double-double in three straight games: Collins vs maryland, Washington vs miami, and Vassallo vs georgia tech.Â Who’s going to do it against nc state?Â Diakite?
5) Coleman Collins had five dunks in the game.
6) Super freshman Young and Crittenton were just 7 for 29 from the floor for the game.
7) VT outrebounded the jackets 33 to 32 despite giving up 17 offensive rebounds and getting just 4 themselves.
8) Vassallo was 7 of 9 from the field and Collins was 5 for 6.
9) Gordon was held to just 4 points and now has just 11 in his last 2 games.
10) Dowdell had 53 points in the 2 games this week.
Bonus: 16 seconds – This is how long VT trailed in their 2 road games this week. The only time VT was behind all week was 2-0 at the beginning of the ga tech game.