[exhale]Â After four trips to Blacksburg in five weekends, that pretty much says it all.Â I woke up on a Saturday morning in my own bed for the first time in a month and just the second time since August.Â My roommates are wondering who I am right now.Â I can’t even imagine what my Hokie friends that went to lsu feel like today (that aren’t doing death valley part II).
So.Â With that in mind, we have to find some things to do to fill the void this month with no Saturday home football games.Â Here’s some ideas:
- Reintroduce yourself to your non-Hokie family and friends in your town.Â They probably don’t remember you.
- Catch up on chores.Â By this point, your lawn is probably taller than Elliott Yamin’s hair and the fungus in your shower is probably so old it has rust on it.
- BE CAREFUL AT HOMETOWN BARS!!!Â If you live in DC like me, prices are MUCH higher than you are used to!Â You can’t get 2 Jay-ger bombs, a Sparks, and 10 Lites for $25 like you can in Blacksburg.Â I think I’m going to have to take out a loan to pay for my bar tab from last night.Â They charge you for the Jay-ger AND the Red Bull in a Jay-ger Bomb up here!Â What a crime!!!
- If you are having withdrawal today, go drive around for a few hours, then park in a field, and start drinking.Â If you live in DC, just do 4 laps around the Beltway.Â This simulates the four hour drive to VT.Â This will keep you sharp for the November fsu and miami games!Â Another idea might be to call AA.
- Or, and this is probably the best idea, catch up on TechHoop.com articles you haven’t read yet
PS: To the chick that told me I look like Christian Bale last night… thank you!Â The weird thing is I was wearing a red jumpsuit at the time (I had it before the band existed).Â Not sure if he wears stuff like that, but whatever.