On Tech Talk Live last night Greenberg stated that 6’11” redshirt-freshman center Gene Swindle would be out for the season with a knee injury. He had played just 30 seconds through three games. While this likely won’t hurt the Hokies on the court since Gene wasn’t expected to get many, if any minutes, it is certainly sad this happened. It will stunt his progress and with Allen Chaney injured even though he couldn’t play this year, it will affect how the Hokies practice. They will be extremely thin, especially inside, in the low post in drills and scrimmages.
– Look for more 3 guard lineups with Delaney, Boggs, and Green with either JT or Zo and Allen. Especially against zones.
– Temple has great size – often play lineup with three guys 6’4″ and two 6’10” guys
– Raines still on schedule to be back next week
– Manny Atkins still “work in progress”. But Seth likes his attitude.
– The Palestra has the worst locker rooms in all of basketball.