We’ve added a 2011 Recruiting Class Page which includes links to C.J. Barksdale’s page and Robert Brown’s page. The page can be found on the top navigation bar under Recruiting > 2011 Recruiting Class. The personal pages have data about each player, including their stats to date where available. For instance, did you know:
- C.J. Barksdale is averaging 17.4 ppg through 7 games (including their game Tuesday night).
- C.J. 20 points, 22 rebounds, and 8 blocks as GW-Danville beat Dudley, which is led by unc ’11 verbal commit P.J. Hairston (#25 in the Class of ’11). Hairston had averaged 38 ppg going into that game but C.J. > P.J. that night.
- Robert Brown scored 27 to help East Ridge beat the #16 team in the nation, Winter Park, which is led by Doc Rivers’ kid Austin. Rivers is the #8 player in the Class of 2011 and committed to florida.
Also, as was mentioned by many publications including this one, C.J.’s #28 ranking in the Scout.com Class of 2011 would be the highest ranking for any VT recruit under Seth Greenberg and would be the highest since Dell Curry by all accounts (1982 McDonald’s All-American). Here is a look at the Top 100 ranked recruits VT has gotten under Seth, according to Scout.com and Rivals.com:
- C.J. Barksdale – #28/78 (Scout/Rivals)
- Jeff Allen – #51/77 (Scout/Rivals)
- Marquie Cooke – #57/74 (Rivals/Scout)
- Cadarian Raines – #61 (Scout)
- Jarell Eddie – #63/77 (Rivals/Scout)
- Dorenzo Hudson – #74 (Scout)
- Malcolm Delaney – #83/89 (Scout/Rivals)
- Nigel Munson – #87 (Scout)
- Lewis Witcher – #99 (Rivals)
Keep in mind these rankings are very fluid and C.J.’s and Jarell’s rankings could change a lot, one way or the other, between now and when he arrives at VT.
Here is a link to my ACC Recruiting Breakdown article (2006-10) that I wrote back in early November. Obviously this is pre-Barksdale, who will help VT once 2011 guys are included in this data. But other schools have picked up big time recruits, too, such as Harrison Barnes (#1 in the nation) inking with unc for 2010. You have to think the new practice facility is already paying dividends since two of the top five on the list above (Barksdale and Eddie) are future recruits that knew the facility would be done by their arrival. Plus, both Robert Brown and Tyrone Garland are fringe Top 150 guys (Brown is #104 on Rivals) that could sneak into the Top 100 with big years.