Parity – plain and simple. Chew on this – every team in the ACC lost a game last week except for georgia tech. And, every team won a game last week except for wake (who went 0-1). Unbelievable. Going 1-1 in conference play each week keeps you in contention. Teams that can steal wins on the road are going to be the schools that contend for the regular season title.
Road teams are starting to do better in ACC play, winning 4 of 10 conference games this week.
Here are my updated rankings:
- duke (-) (5-2 | 17-4): beat fsu, lost at g’town
- maryland (-) (4-2 | 14-6): beat miami, lost at clemson
- georgia tech (^) (4-3 | 16-5): beat wake, beat ky state
- wake forest (v) (4-3 | 14-5): lost at georgia tech
- fsu (^) (4-3 | 16-5): lost at duke, won at bc
- clemson (v) (4-4 | 16-6): lost at bc, beat maryland
- VIRGINIA TECH (^) (3-3 | 16-4): won at uva, lost at miami
- uva (^) (4-2 | 13-6): lost to VT, won at unc
- unc (v) (2-4 | 13-8): won at nc state, lost to uva
- bc (^) (3-5 | 12-10): beat clemson, lost to fsu
- nc state (v) (2-5 | 14-8): lost to unc, beat nccu
- miami (-) (2-5 | 16-5): lost at maryland, beat VT