This Roanoke Times article had some good tidbits on next year.
- VT will be in the Preseason NIT (a rumor that’s been swirling for a while) with two games at home. What the NIT does in the preseason is they have four four team regions (16 teams total). Tech will apparently be a ‘host’. There will be two games one day, and two the next. The winners from the first day play the next day and the winner advances to MSG for the semi-finals, where you are guaranteed two more games. If you lose in the regionals, you don’t play on after those first two days. Supposedly there is a quality team in Tech’s region.
- Tech is back in the BB&T for the third time, I believe, in Washington, DC and will play temple (who has owned the Hokies since VT joined the A-10 in 1995).
- The Hokies get kansas state, st. bonnie, [directional] michigan, and the citadel at home.
- Their ACC/Big(12)10 Challenge game will likely be on the road.
- It was stated Cadarian Raines is ‘totally pain-free’. That’s great news and let’s hope it holds up.
- Still sounds like Allan Chaney is in limbo and may need surgery to have a defibrillator installed in May. Looking more and more likely as if we will never see him suit up.
- Progress on Hudson sounds good (and confirms what I’ve heard).
- No real update on JT Thompson.
- Jarell Eddie might not be eligible to play in the fall. I stress ‘might’. Seems to just be a rumor at this point. And even if true, that would only impact the first handfull of games. You become eligible once the first semester is over, i.e., the day after the last day of exams at VT.