Stats/ramblings from Tech’s 58-56 loss at clemson, dropping Tech to 1-7 in ACC road games this year:
- Erick Green was held to single digits in points for the first time all season. After 30 straight double digit games, he was held to 8. Last time he missed 10+? Last year at clemson in the regular season finale. He barely got to 10 in the game at VT earlier this year.
- This was the Hokies’ 6th straight game decided by 2 points or less in regulation, or in overtime. They are 2-4 in those games.
- In 2012, 13 of Tech’s 16 games have been decided by 4 points or less in regulation, or in overtime. Tech is 4-9 in those games, 0-3 in blowouts.
- VT was 8/16 on 3-pointers, clemson 0/10. Apparently that stat doesn’t matter anymore.
- clemson dominated the Hokies on Points in the Paint, 38-14.
- clemson dominated VT on Points off Turnovers, 21-8, even though TOs were pretty close (VT 14, cu 12).
- clemson dominated Tech on Fastbreak Points, 13-0 (there’s your 13 point difference in Points off Turnovers — seriously, can we please push the ball?)
- VT went over 6 minutes and 30 seconds without a point in the first half, and over 5:30 in the 2nd half without a point.
- Was it me or was this game, at least at the end, a carbon copy of the last game? Road team down 2 with a chance to tie the game from the FT line with a couple of seconds left… and just like McDaniels missing both at VT, Raines missed here at Littlejohn.
- VT and clemson have now played 6 times in ACC play at Littlejohn. 5 of those 6 have been decided by 3 points or less (clemson won by 9 last year).
- 10 of the 12 games between the two teams in ACC action have been decided by 5 points or less.
Things I’m thankful for:
- Not having to write a ‘How Tech Got Screwed’ post after Selection Sunday.
- The development of Cadarian Raines.
- That this season and the likely appearance of grey hairs for me is almost over.
- That we finally ran a play at the end of a game (loved the drive and dish to Raines, too bad it didn’t work out but it was a great call).
- Not having to go to ABC to stock up on Wild Turkey to make it through these games.
- The careers of our seniors, Dorenzo Hudson and Victor Davila. Thanks, guys. You will be missed. Check out my highlight videos of both this weekend. Dorenzo’s will be up Friday.