So our full schedule is here. Here are the highlights/my commentary.
- 29 total games.
- 16 home games including uva, maryland, and duke. Oh, and vmi is back on the slate for just the 2nd time in 8 years.
- 18 ACC games with 7 home-and-homes versus maryland, ga tech, wake, duke, uva, miami, and clemson. Tech lucks out only having to play unc (away), nc state (also away), and fsu (home) just once. That means VT will have to wait at least another year to finally win at fsu, the only current ACC school VT has won at in ACC play. The Hokies also play bc (home) just once.
- All 18 ACC games are played in 2013. No out of conference games are mixed in, so VT is done OOC at the New Year. I miss the one ACC December game we used to play. Although we almost always lost it and found ourselves in the hole a game going into the New Year.
- We play oklahoma state… again. Seriously. This is the 4th match-up with the pokes in 3 seasons.
- We play iowa in the ACC(14)/Big(12)10 Challenge… again. Seriously. 3rd time in 8 years, while we haven’t played anyone else more than once. Who likes variety?! Not us.
- At wvu on December 8th. Finally!
- We travel to Salt Lake City to take on the Mormons on December 29th. Revenge time.
- Vegas, baby, Vegas! December 22nd and 23rd. My wife just watched me drink for 2 weeks straight, now she can watch me drink and gamble away our Xmas bonus. Jelly of the Month Club here we come! The gift that keeps on giving the whole year through.