Categorized | Highlights

Video: 2 Weeks to Tip-Off – You Ready?

Here’s a teaser to tide you over until the 10th of November when the Hokies lace’em up to face the bucs of east tennessee state at the Cassell at 2 PM on ESPN3 – it’s 3-mendous!

This post was written by:

- who has written 1277 posts on Tech Hoops.

Niemo is a member of the VT Class of '98. While not a professional journalist by any stretch, Niemo analyzes and breaks down every minute of Hokie hoop action. He also researches topics of interest such as Hokie recruits, program revenue, statistical data on the team, previews VT opponents, and discusses his favorite bourbons/Scotches. In addition to his passion for Hokie hoops, Niemo has attended 126 straight VT football home games (every game since '94), eclipsing the 100 mark in September of '09 and recently attended his 20th consecutive VT/uva game. During the final home basketball game of his senior year, he was brought onto the court and was awarded 2 passes to the Atlantic 10 Basketball Tournament in Philly during a timeout for being a "Super Fan" during his time at VT. The Hokie Bird made the award on behalf of Athletic Director Jim Weaver. Niemo was known to be in the front row of every home game with his familiar red afro hairdo.

Contact the author | Visit the author's website | Follow Niemo on Twitter

8 Responses to “Video: 2 Weeks to Tip-Off – You Ready?”

1. Chris says:

For some reason this video reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry keeps beating his old high school track runner by getting a head start.

lol I think it was the music; kinda sounds like the Superman theme.

• Niemo says:

I was annoyed that I couldn’t change the music on a trailer. I couldn’t even throw in a BRAHHH! Oh well, by the time the season cranks up I’ll be in mid season form.

2. Max says:

I have been a Tech fan since the 05-06 season, and I am always pumped for the season, no matter how good or bad the team is supposed to be. I’m ready to see the young guys of last years class get big minutes, I’m ready to see what Raines can do as a full time starter, I’m ready to see JVZ play, I’m ready for Erick Green to get 1st team ACC, and most importantly: I’m ready to usher in a new era of Virginia Tech basketball!

3. I don’t know what you guys are talking about, I think the music was rad.

4. Chris_atl says:

Nice video Niemo! I am excited as well although not expecting much. But, as is the case with football, some of the most satisfying seasons are ones that start with low expectations. With SG gone critics may be a little short on material this year. So, to fill in the void how about some predictions for # of years until JJ’s first NCAA bid?

5. 69HOKIE says:

I say third year. Maybe a little optimistic, but I’m happy about the change. Should have been done the first day after the season ended.

6. Max says:

Does anybody know if we are trying to round up 1 more guy for next years class? Or are we saving the scholarship for the class of 2014?

• goodraisin says:

JJ has said to Mark Berman in his blog that he’s planning to save offering that one until the spring. He wants to see if anyone rises to the top in their senior year.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

The Wild Hokie Club!

The Hokies experienced their worst season since the ricky "program bomb" stokes era. Sure, it would have been easy to quit on you, but did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!

And we do it for free! But, just like NPR, we rely on the generosity of our loyal fans to help keep this humble Hokie website alive. That being said, see how you can help TechHoops.com make it to 10 years!

Jon King, Ben Floyd and Dan Rickenbach all got in on the action and we encourage all TechHoops heads to do the same.

Any donation amount earns you a spot in our Wild Hokie Club. We'll even give you a shout out on Twitter and Facebook. We may even let you get armcurled by Niemo.

So join the TechHoops.com Wild Hokie Club today!

Choose your level of support!

New Poll Question

How many wins will the Hokies get this year?

View Results