After each loss we’ll induct a new player (from the opponent) into the TechHoops.com Hall of Fame after Tech makes them look like the greatest player in the world.
Today’s inductee is uva freshman Evan Nolte.
- Career high 18 points (previous high was 15 points and he hadn’t reached double digits in an ACC game before tonight)
- 5/9 on 3-pointers (hadn’t made more than 3 in a game before tonight but was 42% from behind the arc coming in… maybe we should have guarded him?)
- bc: Lonnie Jackson. He was 23/74 (31% from behind the arc before tonight, but went 5/8 tonight (63% – doubling his %). He finished with 22 points, 8 more than his previous season high of 14.
- maryland: Jake Layman – 18 points in the 1st half on 6/7 FGs and 4/5 3-Pointers (he came in shooting 17% from behind the arc – 5/29). 20 points for the game, doubling his previous career high. He averaged 3.2 ppg before this game.
- byu: Tyler Haws – 42 points on 14/25 shooting (6/8 from 3-point range). Averages less than half that per game – 20.9 ppg. Has made more than 2 three-pointers in just 2 other games.
- csu: Dorian Green – 18 points on 5/6 from 3-point range. Green was a 30% 3-point shooter coming into the game, but found his stroke against the Hokies, going 5/6 from deep and is now a 37% 3-point shooter on the season.
- wvu: Kevin Noreen – averaging 2.5 ppg as of 1/8/13, had 14 points on 6/10 shooting and 2/3 on 3-Pointers. He also had 12 rebounds (he has just 41 total rebounds on the season after 12 games played). FYI: these are his only 3 three-point attempts all season, and he only has 1 other in his previous 2 seasons.