After each loss we’ll induct a new player (from the opponent) into the TechHoops.com Opponent Hall of Fame after Tech makes them look like the greatest player in the world.
Today’s inductee is miami sophomore Shane Larkin, son of MLB Hall of Famer Barry Larkin.
- ACC career high 25 points (previous ACC high was 18)
- Career high 5 three-pointers (on 10 attempts, no less)
- Career high 2 blocks
- 3 steals
- 8/15 on 3-pointers in 2 career games vs VT, 39 points (19.5 ppg vs VT, 10 ppg vs everyone else)
- clemson: K.J. McDaniels – Tied his career high with 17 points. 5/7 from 3-point range (came into the game shooting 31% from behind the arc, averaging 1.1 makes per game, and had made more than two 3-pointers in a game just once in his career with a previous high of 4)
- uva: Evan Nolte – Career high 18 points (previous high was 15 points and he hadn’t reached double digits in an ACC game before tonight). 5/9 on 3-pointers (hadn’t made more than 3 in a game before tonight but was 42% from behind the arc coming in)
- bc: Lonnie Jackson. He was 23/74 (31% from behind the arc before tonight, but went 5/8 tonight (63% – doubling his %). He finished with 22 points, 8 more than his previous season high of 14.
- maryland: Jake Layman – 18 points in the 1st half on 6/7 FGs and 4/5 3-Pointers (he came in shooting 17% from behind the arc – 5/29). 20 points for the game, doubling his previous career high. He averaged 3.2 ppg before this game.
- byu: Tyler Haws – 42 points on 14/25 shooting (6/8 from 3-point range). Averages less than half that per game – 20.9 ppg. Has made more than 2 three-pointers in just 2 other games.
- csu: Dorian Green – 18 points on 5/6 from 3-point range. Green was a 30% 3-point shooter coming into the game, but found his stroke against the Hokies, going 5/6 from deep and is now a 37% 3-point shooter on the season.
- wvu: Kevin Noreen – averaging 2.5 ppg as of 1/8/13, had 14 points on 6/10 shooting and 2/3 on 3-Pointers. He also had 12 rebounds (he has just 41 total rebounds on the season after 12 games played). FYI: these are his only 3 three-point attempts all season, and he only has 1 other in his previous 2 seasons.