- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 175 lbs.
- School: East Ridge in Clermont, FL (just west of Orlando)
- Class: 2011
CLASS OF 2011 RANKINGS:
- #83 overall
- #25 shooting guard
Scout.com and Rivals.com:
- #23 SG according to Scout
- #104 overall according to Rivals
- Final Stats: 21.0 ppg, 4 rebounds, 2.1 assists, shot 46% from the field, and 70% from the foul line.
- Team finished 16-7 and 4th in their district which is 6A (highest level in Florida). Team finished ranked 12th in the state in 6A.
- 2010 6A Coaches District Player of the Year.
- Named All-County and East Ridge Team MVP for the third year in a row.
- Surpassed the 1,000 point mark this season. Ranks 4th in career scoring at East Ridge with 1159 points.
- Jan. 12 – Robert scored 10 points, including a big time dunk, in a 63-56 loss to Dr. Phillips. East Ridge is 14-4 on the season and 3-3 in their district.
- Dec. 30 – Tallied 18 points and grabbed 7 rebounds to help the Knights advance to the Kingdom of the Sun Basketball Tournament (they lost in the finals).
- Nov. 28 – Scored 18 against Plant in a 40-29 win.
- Nov. 27 – Had 27 points against Winter Park, which was ranked #16 nationally and featured Doc Rivers’ kid, Austin. The Knights pulled off the upset over Winter Park, winning 88-84.
- Team started 4-0.
EAST RIDGE HEAD COACH MIKE CUTTER’S BREAKDOWN OF ROBERT:
“Robert is very quick with a great move to the basket. He can slash to the basket and dunk it in your face. He has developed a great runner this year and it continues to get better. Robert is a good defender on the ball, when he wants to and runs the floor filling the lanes very well. He had a great 3-point shooting effort last year but got a lot more pressure this year and his 3-point shooting percentage fell down some. He is a leader by example and loves to have the ball in his hands. Robert will need to get stronger and become a better rebounder. He is running track right now and has won 3 straight high jumps with his best being 6’4’’, not too bad for someone who never did it before. He will be a great player when he gets to Tech.”
- Classic Seth Greenberg guard – tall and athletic with great upside and a tad off the radar.
- Had no offers at the time of his commitment but had interest from some Big East schools.
- Averaged 22 ppg as a sophomore.
- Committed to VT on 7/13/09. Cannot sign until November 2010 at the earliest.