Shooting Guard | 6’4″ 200 lbs. | Sophomore
Attended Hidden Valley High in Roanoke, VA
High School Accolades:
- 3 stars
- 3 stars
- #26 Shooting Guard
- Junior Season Stats (through 2/16/08): Averaging 19.0 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 3.6 assists. Shooting 47% from the field, 84% from the free throw line (91/108) and 38% on threes (31/82). In other words, he’s still not shooting very many threes, averaging only a little over one make per game.
- First verbal of the 2009 Recruiting Class.
- Attacks the rim and gets to the free throw line, where he is an excellent foul shooter.
- Needs to improve outside shooting.
- Plays for the East Coast Fusion AAU Team.
- Averaged 16 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists as a sophomore.
- Averaged 13 points and 6 rebounds as a freshman.
- 2/29/08: Scored a game-high 22 points as Hidden Valley won the Virginia AA Region IV Championship with a 70-61 (2OT) win over Blacksburg. He hit one three and was 5/8 from the line.
- 2/28/08: Ben totaled 14 points to help Hidden Valley win their Virginia AA Regional Semi-Final contest and clinch a berth in the state tournament. He had four made field goals (all twos) and hit 6 of 7 from the charity stripe. Hidden Valley moved to 26-1 with their 24 point win over Martinsville.
- 2/16/08: Boggs scored 13 points as Hidden Valley locked up the River Ridge District regular season title. HV won 70-55 over Pulaski and moved to 22-1 on the season. Boggs his twoÂ three-pointers in the game and was 3/4 from the line.
- 2/2/08: Ben exploded for a game-high 19 points and 15 rebounds as Hidden Valley defeated Dobyns-Bennett (TN) in the Member One Valley Shootout in Salem, VA.
- 12/29/07: Had 29 points in a 74-71 OT win over William Fleming to help Hidden Valley win the Member One Holiday Hoopla Tournament. He was a very impressive 11/12 from the line.