Point Guard | 6’4″ 185 lbs. | Senior
- Named First Team All-ACC
- Set the Virginia Tech single season record for points with 786, eclipsing Bimbo Coles’s mark of 785 in 1989-90 (passed Bimbo on 3/10/13)
- The same day he passed Bimbo for the single season record, Erick also passed Ace Custis on the Hokies’ All Time Scoring List, moving into the Top 10 with 1,727 points. He is still in 10th place.
- ACC Co-Player of the Week two weeks in a row in late November
- Named 2nd Team All-ACC
- Named ACC Player of the Week for 1/17-23. Scored 24 points in a win at maryland on 12/16 shooting, followed by 14 points in a win over longwood. Had 7 assists, 6 steals, and just 2 turnovers on the week.
Attended Paul VI High School – Fairfax, VA his senior year after winning a state title at Milbrook in Winchester his junior year
High School Accolades:
- 3 stars
- Commited to VT on 1/12/08.
- Won Virginia AA State Championship with Millbrook (Winchester, VA) as a junior before transferring to PVI.
- Led team to district regular season and tournament titles.
- The junior is averaging 19.5 points this season as of the time he announced his commitment to VT (1/25/08).
- Childhood friend of shooting guard Ben Boggs, who is also a VT 2009 Verbal Commitment.
- Also had offers from jmu, gmu, and st. joseph’s.
All Star Games/Honors:
- First Team All-Met – 2009: All-Met Teams
- Capitol Classic – April 9th, Washington, DC – Scored 10 points and had 4 steals
- Reebok All American Game – April 18th, Washington, DC
- Named Northwestern District Player of the Year as a junior at Millbrook High
2008-09 Season (Paul VI Catholic HS)
- 7/26/08 – Mr. Green scored 18 points in a quarterfinal win of the Reebok Summer Championships in Las Vegas (a very prestigious tournament). Erick only missed two shots in the game.
- 3/15/08 – Erick had 18 points in the Virginia AA State Championship game. His Millbrook squad won the state title with a 53-43 win over bryant stith’s Brunswick County team. Erick hit several mid-range and three-point jumpers.
- 3/1/08 – Scored 11 first half points and 12 for the game as Millbrook won the Virginia AA Region II Championship, defeating charlottesville high 73-60.
- 2/28/08 – Erick scored 16 of his 20 points in the 2nd half to help Millbrook to a 75-63 win over Orange County in the Regional Semi-Finals of the Virginia AA Tournament. The win clinches a state berth for the Pioneers. Erick was clutch with the score tight. Up by just one midway through the fourth quarter, he converted a three-point play and a fallaway jumper to put the lead safely at six. Then he hit six free throws down the stretch.
- 2/15/08 – Had 18 points in a 82-47 Northwestern District Playoff Game win over Warren County. The Pioneers are now 21-1 on the season andÂ ranked #1 in AA.
- 2/11/08 – Green scored all 10 of his points in the 2nd quarter as Millbrook ‘shedded Warren County 100-43 in the regular season finale.
- 2/5/08 – Erick had a game-high 24 points, including a dunk, in a 95-47 win over Sherando. The win clinched the regular season district title for Millbrook.
- 2/1/08 – Erick had a game-high 17 points as Millbrook ‘shedded James Wood (no connection to James Woods High on Family Guy) 85-48 to move Millbrook to 18-1.
- 1/29/08 – Green was held scoreless in the 1st but poured in aÂ game-high 19 over the final 3 quarters as Millbrook came from behind to beat Central 69-60.
- 1/25/08 – Had a team-high 21 points and hit 3 threes in a 64-46 win over Handley. The win put Millbrook at 16-1 on the season.
- 1/22/08 – Shot just 4/14 from the floor in a 65-55 win against Skyline.
- 1/19/08 – Scored 12 points in an 89-49 blowout over Brentsville.
- 1/15/08 – Had 30 points and 7 threes as Millbrook beat Warren County 84-45.
- 1/12/08 – Chipped in 22 points in a 74-51 win over Sherando. Added a two-handed dunk.
- 1/08/08 – Led all scorers with 23 points as the Pioneers cruised past James Wood.
- 1/05/08 – Game high 17 points for Millbrook as the Pioneers won 70-59 over Handley.
- July ’07 – Scored 28 points for Triple Threat 16 and Under in a tournament in Las Vegas.