Forward | 6’7″, 240 lbs. | Sr.
Stats: Jeff Allen
- Named Second Team All-ACC.
- ACC Player of the week for February 21st to 27th, 2011. Had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 2 assists against wake in a VT win. Scored 18, snagged 15 boards, and dished 2 assists in Tech’s win over #1 duke, his 8th double-double in 9 games.
- ACC Player of the Week for January 31st-February 6th, 2011. Had 40 combined points and 30 rebounds in a win at nc state (15/11) and a loss at bc (25/19).
- Named ACC Player of the Week for January 3-9, 2011. Scored 24 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, and hit 10/12 free throws in a 71-59 win over florida state.
- Ranks fourth all time in rebounds and steals, and fifth in blocks at VT.
- Became the 41st player in VT history to score 1,000 points on 1/2/10 against seton hall.
- Named ACC Player of the Week for December 7-13, 2009. Averaged 18 points and 11.5 rebounds in wins against vmi and penn state. Had a double-double in both games, giving him 22 for his career.
ACC Ranks for 2008-09
- Scoring – 20th (13.7)
- Rebounding – 4th (8.4)
- Steals – 4th (1.8)
Jeff is the franchise. He has unlimited abilities. People, including Greenberg, have challenged his work ethic at times and how hard he plays every game. Seth challenged him to not settle for 10 points/10 rebounds last year and see how far he can go. Allen answered the challenge at times.
This offseason he got in the best shape of his life (that we’ve seen) and appears ready to take his game to another level.
Freshman Year Accolades/Notes:
- ACC All-Freshman Team
- ACC All-Defensive Team – Honorable Mention
- Twice named ACC Freshman of the Week
- Had 10 double-doubles
- Led VT in steals with 69
Jeff Allen was a no-doubter for the ACC All-Freshman Team. In his first game he scored 19 points, had 10 rebounds, and 4 steals. He earned ACC Freshman of the Week honors for his effort.
Over the course of the season Jeff showed he has amazing hands for a big man, on offense and defense. His 69 steals led the team with next closest being Hank Thorns at a mere 40. Jeff can also catch almost any pass inside and has an unlimited assortment of post moves. He isn’t afraid to step out on the perimeter, either, though his 4/19 mark on three-pointers would tell you he should probably leave that for the little guys, especially with the line moving back a foot.
Allen struggled at first in ACC play. It took him until his 10th ACC game to get a double-double (at maryland) after having six in out of conference play. But Jeff finished strong with four double-doubles in Tech’s next six ACC games, and had 9 points and 11 rebounds in the ACC semi-finals against unc. He finished with 12.4 ppg in ACC play, better than is 11.8 overall ppg.
Jeff was suspended for two games after bumping a referee upon fouling out at georgia tech. It appeared on replay to be a very minor, though probably intentional, bump.
******High School Accolades******
- Hargrave Military Academy (Post-Grad) – Chatham, VA
- Oak Hill Academy – Mouth of Wilson, VA
- Dematha High School
Rivals.com Class of 2007 Rankings:
- 4 stars
- #72 Overall
- #17 Power Forward
Scout.com Class of 2007 Rankings:
- 4 stars
- #9 Power Forward
- Played with fellow VT recruit Dorenzo Hudson at Hargrave.
- 14.3 points and 10.6 boards per game last year at Oak Hill Academy (#2 team in the nation). Shot 64% from the floor.
- 11 points and 13 boards per game as a Junior at DeMatha (teammate of Nigel Munson)
2006-07 Game Notes:
- 4/5 – Had 16 points and 15 rebounds in the Capital Classic all-star game at the comcast center in College Park, VA. Teammates of Malcolm Delaney and Dorenzo Hudson in the game.
- 3/3 - The Hargrave Post-Grad team won the First Piedmont Invitational with a 112-72 win over Massanutten. Jeff Allen had 18 points and 9 rebounds in the game. Hargrave is 25-4 on the season.
- 3/2 – Jeff Allen led the Hargrave team with 14 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 steals in the first game of the First Piedmont Invitational. Hargrave won 74-55 over the Army Prep team. It is shocking any time Hargrave doesnâ€™t score 100.
- 2/23 – Holy cow, Hargrave actually lost a game. They fell 86-85 to Patterson in the Champions Prep Basketball Classic at Appalachian State. Dorenzo Hudson had 15 points and three steals and Jeff Allen chipped in 13 points and nine rebounds. Hargrave is now 23-4.
- 2/15 – Dorenzo Hudson had 13 points and Jeff Allen tallied 10 with 8 rebounds (I think the statkeeper is making up his rebounds since he has exactly 8 in EVERY game) as the Hargrave Post-Grad team defeated Louisburg Junior College 104-72. Hargrave is 23-3 on the season. Dorenzo has been seeing more time and taking advantage of it as the season has gone on.
- 2/13 – On the same day that VT stunned unc at chapel hill, two Hokie recruits also got a win in chapel hill as the Hargrave Post-Grad team beat the unc JV team 104-80. Dorenzo Hudson had 15 points and 4 assists. Jeff Allen was the star of the game though with 22 points and 8 rebounds.
- 2/10 – In a rare home game for Hargrave, Jeff Allen led them to a 119-66 win over Future Academy. Allen had 23 points and 8 rebounds.
- 2/7 – Dorenzo Hudson had 20 points and Jeff Allen added 14 as the Hargrave post-grad team beat Patrick Henry Community College 156-63. Hargrave is 20-3 on the season.
- 2/4 – Dorenzo Hudson and Jeff Allen each scored 13 points in a 104-62 win over the Navy club team.
- 1/30 – Jeff Allen led Hargrave with 23 points as they beat rival Massanutten Military Academy 102-64.
- 1/24 – Jeff Allen led Hargrave with 25 points and 10 rebounds in their 125 to 69 victory over Bonner Academy.
- 1/17 – Jeff Allen had 13 points and 7 rebounds against Massanutten Military Academy (Hargrave Post-Grad 98 – 76).
- 1/14 Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Mass: Jeff Allen had 18 points against Northfield Mount Herman. 8 for 12 from the field but just 2 for 6 from the line (heâ€™ll fit right in at VT with that FT%). 12 boards.
- 1/9 – Jeff Allen had 20 points and 7 rebounds in a 128-63 win over Patrick Heny CC.